Business development and strategy
London or Bristol Office
Who are we?
CellVoyant is a biotechnology company that predicts stem cell differentiation using live cell microscopy and artificial intelligence. We use this approach to optimise and unlock human tissue manufacturing for research and therapeutics applications.
We spun out from the Carazo Salas lab at the University of Bristol in 2022 and are backed by venture capital firms who were the earliest investors in DeepMind, Exscientia, Recursion, Wayve, and Abcam.
What we’re looking for
As a member of the Business Development and Strategy team, you will work at the intersection of business development, strategy, and science to help identify, scope, negotiate, and secure partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
You will help both craft and deliver on our scientific strategy such that it is aligned with business goals framed towards securing collaborative partnerships focused on generating cell types for use in research and the clinic.
What you’ll do in this role
- Develop and implement a commercial strategy to grow new business revenue by maximally exploiting the strengths of CellVoyant’s platform technologies in research and clinical arenas in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Communicate and drive consensus on this strategy and plan with other teams across the company.
- Identify the most high-value tissue types that the company should focus on in the short/medium term in collaboration with biotechnology and pharmaceutical partners.
- Build our longer-term strategy for in-house tissue development such that it addresses the highest unmet medical need possible.
- Collaborate with our Biology, Software, and Machine Learning teams to deliver projects with our external partners.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Demonstrated sales ability coupled with the ability to develop and execute an enterprise-level sales strategy.
- An understanding of the drug discovery and cell therapy value chain.
- Ability to assess client needs and craft recommendations through effective written and oral presentations.
- Strong account management and successful track-record in selling to life science clients.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data and produce reports and documents to support sales arguments.
- Critical thinking and creativity in positioning CellVoyant as the partner-of-choice for optimising differentiation protocols and cell therapy development.
- Ability to identify leads, assess the value of new business/product opportunities and close deals.
- Passion to take research ideas into production.
- Solid technical background coupled with professional sales experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience in a fast-growing biotechnology companies from the early days.
- Experience selling and delivering services and products that are based on machine learning.
What we offer at CellVoyant
- Join at the ground level to work at the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence, stem cell biology, empirical experiment automation, and cell therapy development.
- An inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture that puts science at the forefront of everything we do.
- A dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team of experienced and interdisciplinary scientists applying their skills to some of the most impactful problems in human health.
- Competitive salary and founding equity compensation.
- Ability to work remotely or in our Bristol, UK headquarters and join bi-annual week-long company off sites.
The interview process:
- Initial phone screen (30 mins)
- At-home technical test
- Technical interview reviewing the test results and follow-up (90 mins)
- Leadership, Culture & Behaviours Interview (90 mins)
- Meet the Team (onsite including tour 60 mins)
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com including the role’s title in the subject line with your CV or personal website where we can learn about your experience.